The top ten reasons to own an E-bike are counted down from ten to one. They are in no particular ranking order. You get to decide which is more important than another.
10. Good for the Environment. Since an electric bike uses no gasoline, it does not produce poisonous fumes like an automobile would. The battery is environmentally friendly and takes mere pennies to charge. Also, the lithium in the batteries can be recycled.
9. Less expensive than cars. When you consider all the costs to own a car, the electric bike is much more reasonable. It is estimated that the total cost of operating an automobile is .93 cents a mile and includes its maintenance, gasoline, oil and upkeep. An electric bike gets the energy equivalent of 2500 mpg.
8. Useful for hill climbing. Whether it is the summer heat or long distances, climbing hills can be a challenge. With a simple flick of a switch, the hill can soon become a mole hill as you climb with ease.
7. Arrive for work without needing a shower and cool down. For the commuter, an electric bike can mean arriving to work without the exhaustion and perspiration normally found when depending on pedaling alone.
6. Great Exercise. Riding a bicycle can provide good movement for exercising without the stress to knees and legs other forms of exercise give. An electric bike can ease the pain of exercise and make it enjoyable again. For more on this, visit: www.electricbikefitness.com
5. No need for driver’s license, insurance and license plate. Electric bicycles are lawful for use on most roads and the cyclist must obey the traffic laws just as motorists. E-bikes can be insured, but it is not required. There is no requirement for a driver’s license or state license plates. Check with your local, state and federal laws.
4. Faster and less effort involved than a standard bicycle. Even the most seasoned of cyclists can sometimes get tired. When the cyclist has reached the end of the energy level provided by the last meal, turn the motor on for the bicycle and enjoy the rest of the ride.
3. Battery recharges for pennies. The normal charge time for the battery is 4 hours and uses very little power. With a 6Ah charger a 12 amp battery can be charged in less than 2 hours.
2. Easier to maintain than automobiles. Since parts are sealed, there is no need to lubricate it and fill it up with gas.
1. Many models to choose from. No matter what requirements you are looking for in the perfect electric bike there is an e bike for everyone.